New Teeth For All, Pledge Lib Dems
EVERY Scot will be fitted with a new set of state-of-the-art acrylic teeth within the lifetime of the next parliament, the Lib Dems pledged today.
"It's a bold move," said party leader Nicol Stephen, "but we believe that teeth are a right not a privilege."
He added: "We must give our workers the teeth they need to compete with the new dental powerhouses of the 21st Century.
"Last year more than 400 million Indians and a billion Chinese were fitted with braces. It is only a matter of time before these teeth overwhelm us all."
Mr Stephen said the Teeth For All (Scotland) Bill would be introduced within 100 days of the Lib Dems completing a "loathsome, tawdry, self-serving coalition deal with a party more than twice our size".
THOSE LIB DEM COMMITMENTS IN FULL….
- EDUCATION: Class sizes reduced to 14 square feet
- HEALTH: 15,000 new nurses, 18,000 new chefs, 26,000 new pilots
- ECONOMY: 100,000 apprentices to be imported from Bulgaria
- YOUNG PEOPLE: All 15 and 16 year-olds will have the right to a cool bedroom in the attic
- LAW & ORDER: Repeat offenders to receive hot stone therapy and a seaweed detox wrap
- CLIMATE CHANGE: All Scottish electricity to be made from children's laughter by 2027