SINCE the ‘right to be forgotten’ was established by the European Court, search engines’ links to news stories about the rich and powerful are vanishing every day.
In a bid to counter this creeping form of censorship, the Daily Mash presents a selection of the BBC news stories to which Google no longer links.
– 122 stories referring to the ending of The Sixth Sense, requested for removal by M Night Shyamalan so first time viewers can be stunned when they discover Bruce Willis was dead the whole time.
– Four stories referring to Wayne Rooney’s liaison with escort Helen Wood, requested for removal by Helen Wood.
– 52 stories about Bradley Wiggins because we all like Chris Froome now.
– Three images of William Hague playing Frank N Furter in a very amateur production of The Rocky Horror Show.
– A story about a link being removed to a story about a link being removed to a story about Justin Timberlake’s collection of sex pumpkins.
– A gardening feature about achieving a balanced composting mix, which mentions, in passing, the time Alan Titchmarsh fed a corpse into a woodchipper.